London Placement Team Member
EUSA - Academic Internship Experts is seeking to appoint a Placement Team Member to our London team based in South Kensington.
London is EUSA’s flagship site, placing over a thousand students a year in a rapidly evolving internship market. London operates within a challenging and constantly shifting regulatory framework, requiring careful monitoring and compliance.
The London Internship Placement Team Member, as part of the London team, is responsible for sourcing internship opportunities and placing students in academically focused internships in London.
The London Placement Team Member reports to the EUSA London Assistant Director.
- Internship placement: set up and manage academic credit-bearing professional internships for undergraduate and graduate students from the US and other countries across all professional areas, e.g., arts, finance, law, communications, marketing, PR, advertising
- Assess student internship and career aspirations through one-to-one interviews
- Guide and support students from initial interview through successful completion of internship
- Create relationships and maintain a strong rapport with employers through research, cold calling, site visits, and ongoing communication
- Tracking timesheets and supervisor agreements for work placements and ensuring compliance with UKVI regulations
- Database management: expand and manage the database of London internship opportunities
- In-person and online delivery of presentations to students and university partners
- Supervision and participation in some evening and weekend social events/excursions with students
- Regular liaison with university partners and the University Relations Team
- Regular participation in the EUSA emergency on-call rota
- Other such reasonable duties as may be required
Profile and Requirements
- Permission to work in the United Kingdom
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Degree-level education and professional experience in higher education, student services, recruitment, or relationship management is expected
- High level of professionalism and accuracy
- Knowledge of UK business and industry trends
- Excellent organization, multitasking, and time-management skills
- Works well under pressure
- Self-starter, ability to use initiative and take ownership of projects
- Ability to work with people of all ages and backgrounds (students, parents, supervisors, university officials, and colleagues)
- Ability to maintain a degree of flexibility with regard to the ever-changing nature of the role itself
- Prior professional experience in the international education sector (university, school, international institution, study abroad program, etc.)
- Some familiarity with the US higher education system
With a team of over twenty dedicated and dynamic professionals and offices in Europe and North America, EUSA offers a friendly, progressive work environment, as well as competitive salary, benefits, and holidays.
Applications for the role should be submitted by email to email@example.com stating reference EUSA002 in the subject line. Please include with the email your CV and a cover letter detailing your previous experience, your salary expectations and why you feel you are suitable for the role.
Vacancy open until filled.